Skip to main content

Photo's For Slowtwitch






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First triathlon of the year- St. Anthony's Sprint

First off, if you have never been to St. Anthony's, GO! It has to be one of the most fun short course races out there. It's in a nice area with other things to do outside the race venue and the race is very well organized and done very professionally. Unfortunately leading up to the race my dad passed away and I caught the flu shortly after so I missed about three weeks of training which mentally and physical sucked. I was going to bail on the race but decided I needed to get back in the swing of things and it would be a good baseline on where I needed to work on some things heading into the three race Jax series. The weather for the weekend was near perfect, and made for a real enjoyable weekend. I was able to bring my buddy Dana and brother-in-law Marty down as Sherpa's for the weekend, we got down Saturday afternoon and got my bike checked in and swam about half of the Olympic course. Race morning was very chill and since I was the 19th swim wave I didn't really

Hammerhead Olympic Triathlon

Leading up to this race I had been putting in more running miles and open water swims so I was excited to see how if it was paying off or not. I had done this race last year as my first Olympic distance race ever and it was a real eye opener on the swim and run. The weather was great and the water was very warm. I felt the best at my last race when I ran and swam before the start so this time I did 20 minutes on the trainer, did a 10 minute run and swam to the first turn buoy (of the sprint course) before the race as a warm up. I think this helped tremendously! I stayed mid pack on the swim and kept what was a pretty relax pace for me. I made it to the first turn buoy and our small group of 10 was now only 3. My goggles started fogging really bad shortly after so I just kept someones feet right in front of me and used them as a guide since I couldn't see 20 yards in front of me. This was the first time I swam in a Swimskin and it was pretty awesome. I purchased a Roka Viper Elite